Saturday, February 9, 2013

Still not running

Not ready to retire, yet.
It's only been 18 days. Usually by now I'm able to at least walk around the block or ride the trainer. Not this time. Sure, I can take off this effin' boot, but don't really want to risk flexing the foot and not have the bone set in my foot. Plus, I'm still having to get up early so I can carpool in to work, instead of driving myself. Arghhhhhhhhhhh.

The weight gain from not doing any kind of workout isn't really happening. I'm purposely eating like a bird and limiting the beer. Can't say for certain a number of pounds, haven't jumped on the scale. Just know the pudge hasn't showed up yet around the belly. Maybe I'll start lifting again.

The grumpyness/grouchy level isn't as high this time around. Perhaps I've mellowed out in my old age. At least I don't think so, the wife and kids would probably disagree.

Sure glad to be living here in the south. It'll be in the 40-50's for highs for the next week. Typical weather for this time of year. As much as I like to see the occasional snow, sure wouldn't want any part of the snow slamming the North. We got our token snow fall last weekend. It was pretty watching it fall, but it only lasted a couple of hours. Biggest regret was not being able to run in it. Try explaining that to someone who doesn't run.

.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I hate that you're injured. Has the doc given you a time frame of when it will heal?

Old Man said...

4-6 weeks.

Running with MTP said...

Stay possitive

You get your token snow ... we usually get our token heat.

At least you should be healed before it starts to get really hot.