Friday, January 21, 2011

The treadmill sucks


I hate running on the treadmill. This morning was probably the 2nd time in the last 6 years or so. We got just enough snow, that turned into a solid sheet of ice on all of the roadways. This forced me indoors this morning. I could have waited until this evening to attempt a workout on the roads. But, the chances of it thawing enough and actually getting it done, weren't really in my favor. That and I had a speed workout scheduled for today. Didn't even try to do the planned workout, instead modified it and cut it in half. Still only ended up with 5 miles total on the treadmill. Time just stands still.

I guess the biggest thing about the treadmill is that its so warm inside. I start slinging sweat after 5 minutes. The little fans on the treadmill help some, but still way to warm for me. ('course this particular gym didn't even have that) Seemed like I was thirsty after only a mile or so. Must be the dry indoor air?

It is pretty nice to be able to dial up a pace, that's great for doing some speed workouts. I didn't even try to do that for the scheduled minute on/off workout. I bet it could be programmed into the treadmill, that would be cool. Manually increasing to the desired pace and then decreasing for the recovery just seems so awkward. I felt like I'm about to land on my face at any minute.

The gym I was at, only has 2 tiny TV's which are impossible to see. Perhaps at a nicer gym with lots of BIG tv's I could get into the treadmill. At least a distraction to make the time go by quicker. Thankfully I had my Ipod.

I'll be glad when this winter is over. Just a little bit to much snow this year for me.

2 comments:

Georgia Snail said...

I think it's the dry indoor air that gets me...I hate the dreadmill. Another thing that bothers me is the "constant" pace of the TM, I guess outside my pacing varies a little, hmmm, maybe treadmill running is good for pacing. nah.

Unknown said...

qzz0622
coach outlet
lakers jerseys
ugg boots
polo ralph lauren
nike store
light up shoes
adidas outlet
pandora jewelry
polo ralph lauren
polo ralph lauren