Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Won the lottery

Told the wife that and she said, wow, how much? No, not that lottery the Monkey lottery.* Her response, "big deal". Oh well. Glad to know that I got back in. This will be the 3rd for me. This time I'll actually train. Plan on running hill repeats tomorrow. Though I'll have to go back and see how much hill work I did in the past.

It's not like I didn't train at all the last two times. The monkey course is just a beast. Usually when I'm able to double the 11.2 at around a 7:30 pace, I know I'm in pretty good shape. It's been awhile. This time I'll be chasing that elusive 3:30 time again. Easy enough only a 8:00 mile pace. The soul crushing part for me is hitting mile 19 and climbing up nine mile hill. That's the part I have to prepare for. Trent's probably right, you can't train for the monkey.

*Believe this is the second year for the lottery to enter the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon, in Percy Warner Park, Nashville, TN. Roughly 300 spots.

No comments: