Monday, June 6, 2011

four miles

It sure does seem like a long way when you're walking. I plan to walk 4 miles each day this week. Did 5 miles yesterday, guess I'll consider that my long walk. One big problem with the walking is the time involved. I'm back to pretty much full stride walking, now that I'm trying to let my arm swing on the injured side. It takes me about 18 minutes to walk a mile, about double the amount of time it takes to slog the same distance.

Still just isn't the same as running. Four miles running works up a decent sweat when its this hot. Walking hardly any sweat and I'm out for at least 72 minutes. At least in the morning, before the rises up to much. Going to have to start waking earlier, to get back to the house. It has been nice to sleep in every morning, even if it is only until 5 am. (silly dogs think its time to get up)

May attempt a run on Thursday. It will be 4 weeks. Doctor said that would be about when I could resume running. It'll probably take a few days of walking to break up the scar tissue and soreness in my shoulder.

Got an email last week from the Rocket City Marathon. Seems real early to start thinking about a fall marathon. But, that's less than 6 months away. Three months to get back into a running base and then a 3 month marathon training cycle. Seems doable. Wonder if it'd be a stretch to think a sub 3:00 would be possible. Really kind of like to break 3:00 before I turn 5o. Clock is ticking.

No comments: