Monday, July 18, 2011

last week

If you haven't watched any of the tour, now's the time to start. The last week of the Tour de France is this week. Today was a rest day. Tuesday they head into the Alps. If anyone is going to take the yellow jersey from Voeckler, its now or never. Cadel Evans appears to have the best chance. Can't discount the Schleck brothers, but they just seem to be marking others in the climbs in the Pryenees.

Can't wait for the final showdown on Alp d'Huez. It'll be on stage 19, the day before the time trial and the final parade ride into Paris. The yellow jersey may actually be decided in the time trial. It depends on who can gain or lose time in these last few mountain stages. Cadel is probably the strongest time trailist. Should be an exciting end to the tour.

Went out on the bike again on Sunday. Great day for a ride, the sun was behind the clouds the whole time. Only got two and a half miles in for my run before the bike ride. So, I've already broken the one silly rule I made for my running streak. No biggie, my streak, my rules. One mile per day, just seems to easy.

This mornings run actually felt cooler. Maybe I'm becoming acclimated to the warmer weather? Still running super slow. I'll take that, because the fitness level hasn't returned. Seems like every year older, the comebacks take longer and longer.........

No comments: