Friday, December 28, 2012

End is near

Time to reflect on the year about to end, 2012 anyway. I stopped the new years resolution thing many years ago, back in the days when I would go to the gym/workout facility. (Really handy/convenient located right on the work campus.) The week around the new year would be the most crowded of the year. All of the those with good intentions of working out, would be hard at it. At least for a day or two.

I'll more than likely pad my running log with a long run on the first day of the new year. Should end up with around 1,860 or so miles for the year just ending. No PR's this year, only mediocre races. Did get a century bike ride done, during my down time from running.

Time to concentrate on the sub 3:00 marathon. Minor set back the last week with the sprained ankle. Seemed almost healed this morning. Real test will be this sunday, when we head back out to Percy Warner Park. Think the plan is the 11.2 with a add on in Edwin Warner Park, plus Luke Lea. (just 'cause the guys need to do it at least once) I've never run anything in Edwin Warner Park. It'll be good to do something a little different, though the 11.2 never gets old.

1 comment:

slowster said...

Sure wish I was going back up w/you guys!