Sunday, December 7, 2008

frosty cold

Yesterday we went to the Discovery Center in Murfreesboro. Lots of cool stuff for everyone. Saw a really big gecko and a corn snake. I was surprised we had something like that in Murfreesboro. Dylan's favorite part was the 2 story tall slide. Could have spent 3-4 hours there, easily. But, we only went for about 2 and a half hours. We planned on going to a afternoon movie, immediately afterwards. Forgot to bring my camera. Jeez.

Movie was the Quantuam of Solace, the new James Bond flick. It was ok. Best part for me was the opening scene car chase. No gadgets like the old Bond movies. This is the first one I've seen in over 10 years, at least. I don't think I've even seen any of the ones with Pierce Brosnan.

Speedy and FM2 wanted to try a new route today. It was a out and back from Lascassas Baptist Church. They were going 16 miles, I only wanted 13 miles. I've done this route from the house before in the summer or early fall. Way to exposed for my liking but I'm ready to run on some different routes. The guys took it easy on me and didn't drop me until I made the turn around at 6.5 miles. Kinda nice taking it easy. Seemed like a headwind the whole way back, but mostly all downhill.



New out and back route on Hwy 96.



Elevation map of the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon from Sportstracks.

No comments: