Sunday, February 22, 2009

10 weeks out


2nd 20 miler of the cycle this morning. Not as much energy as the last 20 miler. Easier pace for the first 15 miles and even slower slog home. The increased mileage this week must have worn me down more than I thought. The fact that I only drank water twice in the first 15 miles may have contributed to the lack of energy. Good day overall, we had a pretty big group which broke up into 2 packs for most of the first 15 miles.

Ended up with 69.6 miles for the week ending on Saturday. Really wanted to add on the additional .4 for an even 70 miles, but thought the better of it. Plus, I was a little bit tired anyway. Plenty of time left in this cycle to still get the 60-70 miles I'm targeting. Should still be able to get at least 4 more twenty milers before race day.

Dylan's basketball team won again on Saturday. This game didn't come as easily as the other games. They didn't seem to take as many shots. Dylan finally took a shot this game. He's come a long way since he started.

Lance's push, during yesterday's stage of the Tour of California. I wouldn't call it assault. Just a not so subtle shove, to get out of his face. The guy was trying to push his button and succeeded.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I don't blame Lance for shoving him. :P