Monday, July 28, 2008

Garmin Nuvi 200


Late father's day present. PJ's been talking about getting one of these for quite awhile. Target had it on sale for $149. Great price for a entry level GPS. Tried it out this weekend. It's ready to go almost right out of the box. Touch screen is very easy to navigate. We were headed to the flea market at the fairgrounds in Nashville, found it under attractions and off we went.

Decided to stop at Hickory Hollow, because I knew we could get some food quick at a drive thru and go to the bank and be back on our way. After we ate, we put in the directions for our bank, it wasn't in the same place, it had moved farther down the road. I wouldn't even have seen it except the GPS was telling me it was 800 feet in front of us. Pretty cool. But, the ATM wasn't working. I knew where our bank was on Nolensville road so we got off I-24 at Haywood Lane. The GPS kept telling me every spot where I could turn and make a loop to get back onto I-24 and head in the right direction. Comical, to an extent. After a couple of miles the GPS just recalculated a route straight down Nolensville road. No excuse for getting lost with this thing.

Told PJ I was going to name this thing after her. It's like having a back seat driver that knows where to go.

Flea market seemed almost deserted. The parking lot was only about a third full. Got lucky and got a golf cart ride/shuttle from our van up to the top of the hill. We haven't been to the flea market, since last summer. Same old stuff, but not as many vendors. Lots more of the cheap crap. Paid $2 for one of those floppy hats to keep my bald head from getting sunburned. Didn't really buy much else. Pretty darn hot and hardly any breeze.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love my Garmin GPS!

I haven't been to that flea market in MANY years.