Tuesday, July 1, 2008

first part

Round 1

First half of the double went great. Another easy 4.7 miles on the golf course this morning. Nice and cool, around 61 degrees before the sunrise. Actually wore long sleeves. Legs were fresh, almost springy. Maybe a good idea for a real recovery before a quality workout.

Gold Finches

Feeding at the feeder this morning, two males and a female. I was able to sneak out on the deck and watch them for a moment before Lance, Mr. Catdog scared them away. Watched them circle the house several times and come back to feed again. At least until Lance saw them again and chased them away. Shouldn't be to difficult to get a picture of them at the feeder, but I'd prefer a more natural shot.

Round 2

The workout this evening is straight from week 19 of the Jack Daniels 5k program.

2 x 2 miles at T
3 x 800 meters at I
3 x 400 meters at R

Probably try and leave work at 4 pm, to get started at 5 pm. Only obstacle will be whether or not I'm able to get a quick close on for the books for June. Plus, I'll just run from the house, so I can use the 100 meter marks on the road at Siegel High School to make sure I'm on pace.

No comments: