Monday, June 30, 2008

back to jack

Going back to the Jack Daniels program for another sub 19:00 5k attempt on August 9th at the Smyrna Parks 5K Run, High School Challenge & Bill Nash Competitive Mile. I've been doing 3 quality workouts a week for the last 6 weeks. The base is in place, need some sharpening and endurance.

Easy 4.8 mile recovery run on the golf course this morning, followed by weights. Decided to try something a little different. Perhaps 8 miles of recovery is to much, according to Speedy and what I've read in the past, anything over 45 minutes isn't really recovery. So, that's what I did this morning 45 minutes easy. Doesn't help my mileage, but I think I'll do a double tomorrow. Same workout in the morning 45 minutes easy on the golf course. Quality workout in the evening in the heat will be whatever tempo stuff is on the Daniel's schedule. Not only a double, but also quality and heat acclimation all in one.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm always in need of some encouragement... Hey, maybe I'll see you around the Boro at a race someday!

steate said...

blog here bags replica ysl click to read best replica designer Source replica louis vuitton

basle said...

h2s01l1w89 t4x42b7h10 d7g09u5j43 f4r76l5b26 g1f83v9a02 h2k76y4n93