Tuesday, August 26, 2008

training interruptions

Only the second week in and I'm having to make adjustments to the training schedule. Moved the Tuesday evening tempo to this morning and the regular tempo to Wednesday evening. That may end up being a dumb thing. Thursday morning I'd hoped to get in the 11.2 plus Luke Lea at PWP. Depends on how I feel after tomorrow's tempo.

Tempo pace this morning was to hot from the first mile and just hung on after that for another 2 miles. Tagged along with Speedy on his tempo workout. Stayed on his shoulder for the first mile, but it was closer to 5k pace for me. Backed off and kept it going at my tempo pace for the next 2 miles. Lots of wind and a little drizzle. Right glute is still tight.

Yesterday was a complete rest day. Didn't even do any weights. Slept in to almost 6:30. Don't know how I'm going to get a bike ride in this week. Picked up a Park PRS 5 work stand for the bike yesterday off Craigslist. I've been looking at these for awhile. They don't last for long on Craigslist. I'd been using a old trainer as a stand for working or cleaning the bike.

No comments: