Thursday, February 21, 2008

Diet

Not me. I don't do diets. The recent beef recall, doesn't change anything. I've always been a carnivore. I haven't fallen for any of the hype or benefits of any alternative diet choices.



As a runner, I watch what I eat. Not very much fried food. I tried soy milk, it works well for smoothies. I'm not going to give up dairy, I like yogurt with my granola cereal every morning. That's actually helped drop a couple of pounds. Pizza without cheese, forget it. Nor beer, geez I run so I can drink beer and eat what I want.

I currently weigh 154. Only weighed 147 in high school, but I was a skinny runt without any muscle. I don't really need to lose any weight, sure don't want to look like I belong in a concentration camp. Perhaps a couple more pounds could come off, but it's not like I'm going to win any races or anything.

But certain items don't work well for a runner. Donuts before a long run. Chinese, Mexican or any other fried foods, not good if your long run route doesn't include a convenient restroom.

Yesterday was a off day. Today, easy recovery run on the golf course. Except for the fact that I ate to much of Dylans cereal straight from the box last night. Sure paid for it this morning. Felt like my belly was a beach ball and it was going to explode at any moment.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I can't give up dairy. Sorry, I LOVE my ice cream. The red meat, yes, it's pretty much gone. I'll bite anyone that tries to take a piece of cheese from me, though. :)