Monday, February 18, 2008

Into the wind

Yesterday's run went really well. Very warm, 61 degrees and windy, 30 mph gusts. I started out doing Spain Hill backwards. I wanted to have the wind at my back until the sun came up. Wind was so strong on the way back that even ducking my head down and pushing the pace felt like a struggle.

Found another benny of running the golf course this morning. Even though it was windy and cooler, 41 degrees; the wind is never in your face long on the golf course. I think the holes are laid out east to west? So every hole you turn around and head back in the opposite direction.

Saturday, only got in 14 miles. Felt really good. The Rock is coming around, this weeks pace was about 30 seconds quicker per mile. I keep giving him crap, but before long he'll be making me suffer.

Wanted to put something on my blog about Sheldon Brown. Here's a man that touched the lives of countless people on the web and in person. His website has helped just as many with his advice and practical knowledge.

No comments: