Saturday, September 6, 2008

1st 20 miler

First 20 miler in this training cycle in the books. But, damned if I'm not already off a week from my schedule to get 6, 20 milers. Guess, I'll have to do 2 on back to back weekends. Planned on starting at 4:30, but actually started at 5:00 am. Drizzly, foggy, gray morning. Little bit of wind, but no sun. 100% humidity. Wore the "Race Ready" long distance shorts with the pockets in the back of the shorts. I didn't use the water carrier, instead I carried a water bottle in each hand. Carried 3 powergels and 3 succeeds in the short pockets, plus my Ipod. Run went really well. I started slow and never really picked up the pace until the last 2 miles. Felt a lot better than the 18 miler 2 weeks ago. Ran the same course as the 18 miler 2 weeks ago, but the opposite direction, plus 2 miles added before the 18 mile loop. Hills were easier? Must have been because it was a little cooler and the sun wasn't beating down. Only 2,194 ft of elevation gain and 2,129 ft of elevation loss. So, not quite as much climbing as the Monkey, but it'll do. (26.2 tough and memorable miles, with a total of 3500 feet of elevation gain and loss.)

No comments: