Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pet peeves

Yes, I'm an old curmudgeon. I've got lot's of things that tick me off. I try not to be to negative and keep them to myself, but sometimes the pet peeves do come out. Today's was the bike rider who didn't let me know he was passing on my left. It doesn't take much, a simple "on your left". I try to do the same when I'm on my bike, because I know it scares the crap out of people when you're suddenly on their shoulder. I even do the same when I'm running when someone doesn't hear me approaching from behind.

This mornings speed went well. 12 x 200 meters at R pace with a 200 meter recovery. I averaged 41's which is right where the coach, aka speedy told me I should be running them according to Jack Daniels. This is 4 levels above where I had been doing the speed workouts. I was skeptical at first, but it felt right. Didn't use the Garmin at all except as a tachometer and odometer, distance and heart rate. Used the old Timex Ironman watch to record the splits. That's what I'll do on race day. I wore the Timex on the left arm where I usually wear the Garmin. The Garmin was on the right arm and I sure could tell it was there. Felt heavy and clunky. I don't really notice it on my left arm. Strange.

CM1/2M photo's


3 comments:

Jill Ann said...

Thanks for the comment Dirk. I love your blog and agree with a lot of it. Bikers...let's try to not be like those mean bikers. I swear PW is the worst in that case.

Your CMM pictures are wonderful. Mine I look like I am laboring...blah.

Keep up the speediness!

J

Lisa said...

Did your arms get tired?
Great pics!

Old Man said...

nope, practiced by carrying a water bottle.