Sunday, June 29, 2008

bird feeder


It's been a real long time since I've put out a bird feeder. Bought a cheap tube feeder to try and attract the gold finches. Located it right off the back deck. Birds had already found it by this morning. A male cardinal was feeding when I got back from my morning run.

Yesterday's run was a easy 10 miler from the house. Today was supposed to be a marathon pace run for 14 miles. Hilly loop course up Wilson Hill. Ran with the fast boys. FM2 raced yesterday, first master, 6th overall. Speedy did a 3 mile tempo. This was a recovery run for them. Thunderstorm earlier in the morning and again right before I left the house. We started at 5 am. It looked like we'd have about a hour before the rain would hit again. Not quite, it poured going up Wilson hill, but only lasted for a few miles. Just enough rain to make the shoes weigh about 10 pounds each. I started feeling the pace around 10 miles in and separated from the speedsters. Kept them in sight, but struggled to maintain. They stopped with about a mile and a half to go, and I was able to regroup and hang till the end. Averaged 7:29 pace at a average heart rate of 150. Right where I wanted to be. Little tough at the end.

No comments: