Monday, June 9, 2008

Geese and PF

Saw the goose family again this morning, except 4 babies? On around the other side of the pond another goose family with the single baby. Never realized there were two families with nests. According to my bird book, they should have 7-8 goslings. Guess the turtles got the rest? Saw a giant grass carp in the pond as well. One thing I didn't realize about geese was the amount of elimination, 28 times a day! And I thought runners had a problem. I know I've got a story about poop, a country road, 3 runners, a county sheriff and an escaped prisoner. Jill had one the other day, and a great one is Dave's.

Recovery run on the golf course, 8 miles real slow.

Plantar Fasciitis. I've had this at least 2-3 times. Usually something aggravates the bottom of my foot. Once it was climbing up and down a ladder with soft sole running shoes. Another time it was wearing dress shoes and walking downtown. Yet another time, was walking to far/long in Crocs. Each time recovery is 3-6 weeks. Quickest recovery is wall stretches, massaging the bottom of the foot and complete rest from running. This is what the doctor prescribed last time I had PF issues. I've used the Strassburg sock at night, when it starts to become noticeable and take a couple of days off without getting a full blown case. Some runners are able to run through it, even running a marathon, not me.

Forgot one preventive measure for the PF, don't go bare foot. I have a pair of crocs beside the bed and never walk on my bare feet.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'll trade my fracture for PF anytime. I had it in '04. After some prescribed anti-inflammatories, I was fine. I feel like once you get it, you are prone to it. I was running in the WRONG shoes in '04.

Old Man said...

yep, kind hard to run through a stress fracture, supposedly a video of someone actually breaking a bone in a race. yikes.

just think you don't have to suffer in the heat;)

Jill Ann said...

Oh my gosh! Joe and I laughed until we cried. You HAVE to tell the story... P L E A S E!!!!

PF...hate it. I have a touch of it as well. Damn track..that's how I got it. I'm not sure there is a way to never get it...but if you figure it out...let us all know!

You crack me UP!

Lisa said...

Definitely dehydration. I'll keep a water bottle right by the pool on Wed.