Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pacer anxiety

Tempo this morning. Effort was easier than last week, but 11 seconds slower. Good thing I'm not tapering. Little twinge in my achilles, so I backed off in the 3rd mile and thought I'd really slowed on the last one, but it wasn't quite as slow as I imagined. Splits, 6:32, 6:34, 6:42, 6:47. I went to hot on the first one, paid for it in mile 2. Ready to quit all the way through mile 3, but hung on for one more mile. Didn't push the last mile, really afraid the achilles would strain. Speedy checked out on the last mile and I lost sight of him for the last quarter.

Peter emailed the pacer info this morning. I'm still in the 4th corral. Yesterday I ate way to much snack crap out of the snack machine. Need to slow down on that the next couple of days.

Filled out Darrell's FASA info on the PC this morning. What an exercise in frustration dealing with anything the government tries to simplify. Went a lot quicker this time. Only real frustration was the PIN process.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Getting excited?!
You'll pace great, I'm sure!

Old Man said...

you betcha!

thanks.