Sunday, April 6, 2008

Struggle

This mornings run started out ok, but ended lousy. Fairly warm 53 degrees and a gray sky. Started out on the Spain Hill loop but after a mile in, I realized I didn't have my water bottle. Turned around to get an even 3 miles back to the car. Headed out again and went out Hwy 96 on the Lascassas loop. Plan was a 13 mile long run. I took it easy and felt good for the first 9 miles. Climbed the last big hill and slowed considerably. Couldn't get a good pace going after that hill. Drank the last of my water at 10 miles and continued slowing. By 11 miles I was out of energy and slogging along. At 12.4 miles I started walking. Walked the remaining 1.4 miles back to my car. Took a succeed cap before I started and again at 6 miles. No cramping, not really a bonk. Think I just got dehydrated? Felt ok once I got back to the car and drank my last water bottle.

Spent the rest of the day at the farm. PJ's sister and family drove up with us. Granny and Pop were already there. We pulled the camper and set it up inside the barn. PJ cleaned it and the boys ran around. The rest of us put up a flag pole. Grilled some brauts and hot dogs. Shot the 22's and the Glock down at the pond.

No comments: